I’ll admit it… I hate making the bed! But while working at Pottery Barn and Turn-Key Staging I’ve learned some important trick to making a beautiful bed. I could talk for hours on what the do’s and don’ts of making a bed are but it can all be overwhelming so here are my biggest tips to make making the bed easier and more beautiful.
- Pick your key piece! I suggest starting with your comforter. the rest of your bed will be built around its colors and patterns.
- Its all about the Layers! A comfy comforter is a must but what you pair with it can change its whole feel. I’m in love with adding a quilt, throw, or blanket to the end of the bed.
- Neutrals are a must! Color can easily overwhelm a bed. Use it sparingly and add neutrals to make it feel more elegant.
- Add texture: Wether its a fur throw or pleating your quilt switch up your materials and textures! Its makes things more interesting with little to no effort
- Add a couple accent pillows! One or Two is plenty! Don’t go too crazy!
Bonus: Here is the best way I have found to fill a duvet cover quickly and on your own! Now curl up and enjoy 😉